We know, from Genesis 1:27, that we were created by God, in the image of God. Similarly, according to Revelation 4:11, we were created for His pleasure. Separated by sin, but reconciled by faith through the blood of Christ, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 adjures us to consistent remembrance that we are to glorify Him both in our bodies, and our spirits, which are God's. Those scriptural essentials of purpose set the stage for our goals in order to cooperate with the eternal purpose of God.
Considering Him, we can purpose in our hearts to direct our intended goals and plans to:
- Establish and maintain a decency in a structured and ordered life. (1 Corinthians 14:40)
- Develop the Christian discipline meditation on God's Word. (Psalm 1:1-3 3)
- Spend quality time in scriptural prayer. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- Demonstrate a ministry intent plan for evangelism/discipleship. (John 4:35)
- Implement repentance and faith in new nature habit pattern restructure. (1 Thessalonians 4:1)
- Journal opportunities for evangelism &/or discipleship endeavors. (Acts 20:20)
- Deal biblically with interpersonal relationship conflicts. (Matthew 5:23-24, Matthew 18:15-18)
May God help us to have meaningful lives in the accomplishment of His purpose, and the daily utilization and fulfillment of goals that facilitate that occurrence.
(C) 1993 N.A.Collins - Copy permission limited to one personal file copy