In looking at the action words used in verses 3-8, there's are five clear aspects of what it means to trust. I have taken those action words, and alphabetically spelled the word TRUST.
1. To trust the Lord, I must first TAKE THE GIFT OF SALVATION.
2. To delight in The Lord, I must REJOICE IN JESUS ALONE.
3. To commit my way into The Lord, I must UNLEASH MY LIFE.
4. To rest in the Lord, I must SACRIFICIALLY SUBMIT myself to Him in obedience and SACRIFICIALLY SERVE others.
5. Only then, can I truly wait on The Lord, placing the TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY UPON HIM FOR THE RESULTS OF MY OBEDIENCE.
What a privilege to trust in The Lord with all my heart, leaning not to my own understanding. In all my ways acknowledging Him, knowing that He will, according to Proverbs 3:5-6, direct my paths.
(C) 1990 NA Collins
Limited copy permission for 1 personal file copy